OUTDOOR FLOATING MUSIC FEST
MADE FOR FESTIVAL GOERS FROM GAUTENG,
KZN AND FREE STATE
BRING YOUR LILO // YOUR TENT // GOOD VIBES
13 – 16 DECEMBER 2019
(MONDAY 16TH IS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY)
WHAT'S THE FESTIVAL ABOUT?
Amazing floating music festival on the edge of the banks of the beautiful Emanzini Resort set in the small town of Vrede. Over 30 artists performing over 4 days on 2 main stages, on-site camping, lekker food, half-size olympic pool at the beach bar, main bar and more.
This stunning, intimate event – only a 2-hour drive from JHB – is guaranteed to give you a unique experience with an adult summer camp vibe.
All we ask is to come together as one to celebrate summer, the water, music, and good vibes with us.
WHAT’S THE FLOAT ABOUT?
- Float on your lilo or tube while the music is on – YES!
- The Water Stage opens at 10am on until 4pm on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 December.
- We have a headliner act on both days and in total of 12 artists performing on this stage.
- Bring your own tube or lilo – this is recommended.
- Alcohol is sold at the festival, byob for the waterfront stage dam float is allowed.
- We will have a lilo vendor with tubes for sale in case you need one.
- Pump up your tube at the pump station.
ALTERNATIVE // FOLK
ROCK // INDIE // BLUES // PUNK
ELECTRONIC // TECHNO
WHAT IS THERE TO DO AT THE FESTIVAL?
The dam is waiting. #TDRF is ready. The lineup is epic. You & your floatie come on down and li-lo to 35+ bands and DJ’s
We’ve got #Indie #rock #house #deephouse #techno #summerhouse #ska #reggae #folk #metal #bluesrock #acousticsessions.
Beautiful camp grounds and 28 deg weather forecasted.
MAIN STAGE (FRI)
WATER STAGE (SAT & SUN)
MAIN STAGE (SAT & SUN)
HALF OLYMPIC POOL
BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN RESORT
GRASSED SITES. NO ELECTRICITY OR HOOKUPS
NO OPEN FIRES ALLOWED
- Your festival ticket includes your campsite.
- Access to the festival grounds and campsite is from 2pm on Friday 13 December, until Monday 16 December at 2pm.
- Camp sites are first come first served, please see the festival map.
- There are no cars allowed in the festival grounds or camp sites. Parking is secure and is a short walk from the entrance.
- No electricity or hook-ups.
- No open fires, gas burners or cookers are allowed at the festival.
- We are providing a communal braai area for our campers and will have wood & blitz for sale.
- 24-hour security is provided in the campgrounds.
- There are 4 ablution blocks with hot water showers and flushing toilets.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Weapons of any kind
Pets (except service dogs)
Fireworks or explosives
Gas burners, stoves or braais
Scooters or personal motorized vehicles
Professional still cameras or video equipment
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
Your printed or digital festival ticket & ID
Your lilo or tube
Your tent, bedding, extra blankets
Solar camping lights
A good vibe
WE WILL HAVE MEDICAL AID AT THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS IN THE DESIGNATED AREA.
PLEASE SEE OUR SITE MAP FOR FIRST AID STATION BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE FESTIVAL.
ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME. SO PLEASE BE PREPARED. WE WANT YOU TO BE SAFE!
CAN I BRAAI OR MAKE MY OWN FIRE?
Absolutely no. We care for the safety of all our Dam Rockers, and do not allow open fires, grills, gas cookers, braais or any other portable cooking devices.
We love friendliness and good vibes, so we are providing a communal braai area near the pool. We will be selling bags of wood and blitz.
CAN I BRING MY OWN ALCOHOL?
CAN I PARK MY CAR NEXT TO MY TENT?
WHAT ABOUT SAFETY?
WHAT'S CAMPING ALL ABOUT?
Camping is included in your full weekend pass festival ticket.Be prepared to camp outside under the stars. There won’t be electricity and for safety reasons, you won’t be able to light a fire (but you can braai at the communal braai area. We have 4 ablutions with hot showers and flushable toilets, as well as portable loos around the festival grounds. You’ll need to bring a tent, a sleeping bag, and whatever gets you through the night. We do not reserve any camp sites. First come first served basis.
CAN I BRING FOOD & DRINKS IN THE CAMPGROUNDS?
HOW DO I PAY FOR FOOD & DRINKS AT THE FESTIVAL?
WE ARE CASHLESS!
Pre-load the money you’d like to spend on food, drinks and merch when you get to the festival. Need more? You can still topup at the topup stations inside the event.